Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates Degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in a field related to the functions and activities associated with the job. Desired degrees include, but may not be limited to: Hospitality Management, Event Planning, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, Project Management, etc.
- In lieu of Associates Degree, High School Diploma and five years of related experience in Hospitality Management, Event Planning, Catering, Marketing, Business Administration, Project Management, etc.
- Three years of full-time successful work experience in conference/corporate events or special events field
- One year as a successful supervisor in the field
- Experience in working with hospitality vendors
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel)
- Bachelors Degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in a field related to the functions and activities associated with the job. Desired degrees include, but may not be limited to: Hospitality Management, Event Planning, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, Project Management, etc.
- Five years of full-time successful work experience in a conference center, convention center or catering operation; with documented experience in sales, marketing and event operations;
- Greater than two years as a successful supervisor in the field
- Experience with event planning software and CRM databases
Reporting to the Conference Center Director, the Events Planner is responsible for executing events from the proposal phase to completion and post-event debriefing, as well as operational support for The Conference Center at GTCC and The Clubhouse at Cameron Campus. The Events Planner will liaise with clients and vendors to ensure superior customer service, a thoroughly planned meeting/event and a high quality final product. The Events Planner will work with a variety of clientele from a myriad of industries including: corporate, non-profit, medical, educational, government and also social and/or private events. The Events Planner will be responsible for general oversite of his/her day to day events and operations as well as participate in prospecting and marketing efforts of the center. The incumbent will also be responsible for administrative and clerical tasks that support the operation to include signage, checklists, weekly reports and daily operational reports & checklists. The Events Planner should maintain excellent client relationships to generate repeat business and increase client base. The Conference Center at GTCC also handles event scheduling for the College (GTCC) and the incumbent would be cross trained on how to assist internal and external clients with meeting spaces college wide. This position will require flexible work hours to accommodate the needs of the events and clients.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact