Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, September 20, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a High school diploma or equivalency;
2. Must meet the requirements to become a sworn Police Officer in North Carolina; or possess a NC Basic Law Enforcement Certificate (other state General Certification is acceptable, however, must obtain NC General Certification within one year of start date);
3. Valid NC Drivers’ License (or must obtain within 60 days of start date).
1. Experience with an NC law enforcement agency and a current North Carolina Probationary Law Enforcement Certification (N11);
2. Two years of full-time experience with a NC law enforcement agency and a current General Law Enforcement Certification (N12);
3. AAS Degree or higher level of education;
4. CPR/First Aid/AED Certification;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Provides an environment that allows students, staff, faculty and visitors to interact in safe and secure surroundings. Actively supports the educational activities of the college through safety, security and law enforcement services. These services will meet the highest level of approval and the candidate will constantly strive to anticipate the needs of the Community College.
1. Maintains complete confidentiality with regard to all campus information no matter the source, content, or how the information is acquired.
2. Utilizes technology such as computers, radio systems, telephones, and other communication equipment.
3. Manages and directs employees in general patrol, traffic enforcement and investigative work.
4. Possesses exceptional communication and negotiation skills to maintain the dual relationship of law enforcement and public
service to a constituency of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
5. Enforces the laws of the State of North Carolina and the United States.
6. Responds to emergency and other calls for service.
7. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
8. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.