Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Monday, June 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. High school diploma or equivalency;
2. Experience with a NC law enforcement agency and a current North Carolina Probationary Law Enforcement Certification (N11);
3. NC Basic Law Enforcement Certificate;
4. Valid NC Driver License.
1. Two years of full-time experience with a NC law enforcement agency and a current General Law Enforcement Certification (N12);
2. AAS degree or higher level of education;
3. CPR/First Aid/AED Certification or EMT Certification;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Provides an environment that allows students, staff, faculty and visitors to interact in safe and secure surroundings. Actively supports the educational activities of the college through safety, security and law enforcement services. These services will meet the highest level of approval and the candidate will constantly strive to anticipate the needs of the Community College.
1. Maintains complete confidentiality with regard to all campus information no matter the source, content, or how the information is acquired.
2. Utilizes technology such as computers, radio systems, telephones, and other communication equipment.
3. Manages and directs employees in general patrol, traffic enforcement and investigative work.
4. Possesses exceptional communication and negotiation skills to maintain the dual relationship of law enforcement and public service to a constituency of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
5. Enforces the laws of the State of North Carolina and the United States.
6. Responds to emergency, medical, and other required situations.
7. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
8. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.