133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Technology skills and ability to teach others.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Proficiently operate a computer and related software.
Use active listening skills.
Be proactive, anticipate problems, and try to solve them independently.
Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
Be a team player.
Demonstrate integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, high moral values).
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
Skill in managing executive calendars.
Skill in organizing, planning, and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements.
Proven knowledge and skill in the use of advanced features of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
Ability to show initiative and self-direction as well as communicate professionally across a variety of constituent groups.
Proven ability to concurrently address issues of various levels of complexity.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and ethical in conducting oneself.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Required: Master's Degree in Nursing. Current unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina; good communication and human relation skills; basic computer skills. Have completed or within the first three years of employment complete preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education. CPR certification required along with requirements of clinical agencies as assigned.
Required: Two calendar years prior to full-time employment in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse.
Preferred: Some experience in teaching nurse education at the college level; some experience in varied health care areas; experience in teaching via distance learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus. Requires extensive local travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations, please contact 910-296-2400.
HIRING SALARY RANGE
MINIMUM HIRING SALARY: $65,000.00 annually
MAXIMUM HIRING SALARY: Depends on qualifications
Plan, prepare for, and teach assigned courses; evaluate student progress and provide academic advising; supervise and evaluate PN students in clinical activities; maintain necessary records and submit institutional reports in a timely manner; assist in departmental and institutional planning; serve on college committees; perform other job-related duties. This position reports to the Department Head – Health Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets and holds classes as scheduled;
- Provides assistance to students;
- Refers students to other college staff when necessary;
- Prepares, implements, and evaluates student learning outcome-based course outlines based upon program outcomes;
- Keeps current and competent in nursing practice and teaching methodologies;
- Maintains student records and monitors student progress;
- Creates, administers, grades, and maintains records for exams, projects, activities, and reports for evaluation of students in each course;
- Conduct student conferences on a semester basis in relation to progress in classroom and clinical activities;
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing program curriculum and student policies;
- Supervises and evaluates clinical performance;
- Completes and submits institutional reports on a timely basis;
- Provides input and participates in College’s Planning Process;
- Maintains required office hours each week;
- Recruits students and implements retention strategies;
- Participates/assists with coordination of specific program/course management;
- Implements the College’s Academic Advising System;
- Participates in registration and preregistration;
- Serves as Advisor to selected student organizations and/or associations;
- Serves as liaison between college, student, public, community, and business/industry in the area of professional expertise;
- Continuously participate in comprehensive program evaluation for program improvement and students’ achievement of program outcomes;
- Provides students and college with written course expectations as defined by the college including general course information, course outcomes, methods used in the evaluation of students, grading policy, attendance policy, textbooks, etc;
- Provides supervisor with a copy of all course SLOs and SLO assessment;
- Provides supervisor with a copy of all current course syllabi;
- Assists with connecting program outcomes to institutional competencies
- Conducts ongoing self-evaluations to improve instructional techniques and methodologies;
- Provides assistance in implementing the College’s Program Review process and recommendations;
- Promotes a positive image of college;
- Engages in a program of professional development and community service;
- Serves on college committees;
- Acquires computer/technology competencies as appropriate to the position;
- Assists with equipment and software maintenance;
- Maintains security of personal computer access;
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.