Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Certification– the Preceptor will have the educational background needed to meet accreditation/approval, certification and departmental requirements.
• North Carolina Paramedic Certification
• One-year full-time experience as a Paramedic in a 911 EMS service
• Letter of recommendation from current employer stating that the applicant can function as a EMS preceptor within that agency.
• Associate degree in Emergency Medical Science (EMS) from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Level I EMS Instructor certification
• EMS-Specific instructor certifications: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), etc.
• Greater than one year of relevant field experience in Emergency Medical Science (EMS).
• Community College teaching or training experience preferred.
The Emergency Medical Science (EMS) Preceptor at Guilford Technical Community College is responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective preceptor activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality preceptor experiences and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college
The EMS Preceptor works in collaboration and conjunction with the EMS Curriculum program and supports program functions by precepting students in a clinical environment. He/she will also work to maintain program compliance with accreditation standards in accordance to Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC), North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS), American Heart Association (AHA), and the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This position reports directly to the Director of the EMS Program.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact