Main Campus: 1161 Kehukee Park Road, Williamston, NC 27892
Bertie Campus: 409 Granville Street, Windsor, NC 27983
Closes: Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Six years of increasingly responsible experience in higher education including oversight of academic and administrative support services with at least four years in a senior administrative supervisory capacity
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid driver's license
- Doctorate from an accredited college or university
The Board of Trustees of Martin Community College (MCC) invites nominations and applications for a President with abilities and energy to continue and expand the quality services and educational opportunities to the citizens of Martin and Bertie counties. The President of the College is responsible to the Board of Trustees and is expected to provide leadership for the College and the educational effectiveness of all aspects of the institution. The President will thoroughly understand and have a commitment to the mission and the purpose of MCC. The President will build a vision for the College, shared by the Board, the College, and the Community that will ensure future growth. The President will maintain an ethical, fair, and honest approach to all areas of life. The President will also serve on the MCC Foundation. It is the expectation that the President will reside in the College's service area.
MCC, with campuses in Williamston and Windsor, North Carolina was established in 1968, and has a current unduplicated headcount of over 2,508 and an FTE count of approximately 858. It has an operating budget of more than $7.5 million. The College consists of the Martin Campus (222,611 square feet of facilities) which has a 63.38-acre tract located just west of Williamston on U.S. 64, and the Bertie Campus (12,326 square feet of facilities) campus located in Windsor. The service area is over 1,150 square miles with a population base of 38,748. It is centrally located in rural eastern North Carolina to take advantage of the Outer Banks, the Morehead City beach area, and is within 100 miles of Raleigh and Virginia Beach. MCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The candidate will be an accomplished leader with experience that demonstrates the ability to lead and to serve as spokesperson for a small, rural service area and will possess the following qualifications:
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching, learning, and all programs and services.
- Be sensitive to the needs of all students, faculty, and staff members, recognizing that the foundation of a good college is faculty and staff.
- Understanding and appreciation of citizens and students from rural areas.
- Sensitivity to cultural and demographic diversity.
- Be willing to be involved in economic development and to support area industries, businesses, community groups, and the public schools in the service area.
- Understand and support the importance of quality technology.
- Demonstrate ability to create greater public awareness of opportunities, through marketing, for all the citizens of the service area.
- Ability to communicate in an open, fair, and effective manner that will lead to a strong advocacy for the College both internally and externally.
- Be well versed in fund-raising, grant procurement, and in foundation activities and participation.
- Be a good listener who emphasizes human relations for the College.
- Be a proven effective/efficient manager and possess the ability to be both innovative and fiscally responsible in the use of resources.
How to Apply
Please visit: Presidential Search | Martin Community College (martincc.edu) to view the full presidential profile and application procedure.
Interested applicants should submit electronically through email: a cover letter, not to exceed three pages, addressing the qualifications; resume; Educational Philosophy; explanation of leadership style; educational credentials; and the name, address/email, and contact number of five references. Application materials need to be submitted to the Presidential Search Inbox.
The Search committee will accept applications until a suitable candidate is selected. Screening of applications will begin November 22, 2023.
Executive Leadership Associates is assisting Martin Community College with the President Search. All position inquiries need to be submitted to the Presidential Serach Inbox.