Robeson Community main campus: 5160 Fayetteville Rd., Lumberton, NC 28360
Closes: Friday, June 14, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
At least five years of experience in a senior leadership position in higher education or equivalent experience.
An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
Preferred experience and/or knowledge in the rules and regulations of the NC Community College System.
Robeson Community College seeks an ethical, energetic, collegial College President who exhibits the following qualities:
- ability to work closely with the Board to implement policies
- ability to lead a highly diverse institution
- commitment to the mission of the College
- interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to handle multiple competing demands
- evidence of effective leadership in supporting and promoting economic development and work force preparation, including an understanding of the role of the public college in meeting education and training needs
- record of developing resources through fund raising and grants
- skills in strategic planning
- commitment to strengthening the college through assessment, new programs, and transparent review
- record of creating an institutional climate of trust, respect and professionalism
- understanding of funding models and a proven record of sound financial management
- record of building partnerships and coalitions with business, government, public schools, universities and other community groups
- capacity to be an energetic and highly visible leader who can communicate the College’s mission to many different audiences
- understanding of the teaching and learning process
- proven leader and skilled manager with an open, accessible inclusive style that empowers faculty and staff
- experience with technology to enhance the College’s mission
- good political instincts and the ability to interact effectively with many outside organizations as an advocate for the College
- ability to motivate others, to build effective management teams and to make co
How to Apply
- A complete application must include a letter of introduction that describes the candidate’s strengths in relation to the qualifications listed above; a resume or CV; and a completed Information & Reference Sheet in Adobe pdf format or MS Word format.
- The application period begins with the publication of this announcement.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is June 14, 2019 by 5:00 pm EST.
- Applications must be transmitted via https://www.robeson.edu/upload.
To make general inquires about Robeson Community College or for clarification regarding application materials, contact Mrs. Regina Branch, Search Liaison to the Board, at 910.272.3231 or e-mail
Confidential inquiries about the position, the application process or the search should be directed to the Board’s Search Consultant, Hockaday Consultants at 919.718.9812.