201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Monday, August 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 1 year of general maintenance experience in an institutional, commercial, or industrial environment required.
- General skills in HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and preventive maintenance required.
- Strong technical, mechanical and problem-solving skills required.
- Oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with basic computer software (e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets) required.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Fingerprinting required upon hire.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification required. In addition to the standard background check, this position requires having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
- Must be able to perform maintenance-related duties as described herein for at least 8 hours per day. Additional hours per day may be required occasionally.
- Ability to walk continuously and at times on uneven surfaces required.
- Must be able to tolerate weather conditions such as extreme heat and cold and work in tight or confined spaces and at heights.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs and lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- In addition to regular hours, the position may require overtime, evening and weekend work hours, and on-call hours in the case of an emergency. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as needed including emergency-oriented projects to maintain facilities and operations.
- Specialized vocation courses preferred.
- Basic electrical maintenance experience and skills preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 6/20/22
Under the direction of the Director-Facilities Management and the Maintenance Coordinator, perform a variety of preventive and regular maintenance activities to effectively maintain College buildings, infrastructure, equipment, systems, and special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with developing documents and establishing preventive maintenance plans for all facility equipment and utility systems, including, but not limited to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and fire protection.
- Collaborate with maintenance personnel to perform regularly scheduled preventive maintenance tasks for all facility equipment and utility systems and recommend adjustments and/or improvements for the overall preventive maintenance program.
- Gather and maintain computerized information to optimize preventive maintenance and utilize computerized systems to plan, organize, and maintain an effective preventive maintenance program.
- Accurately and timely collect equipment data and ensure data is recorded in a well-organized manner to be easily retrieved and utilized to facilitate the maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute equipment and/or systems as required.
- Review manufacturer’s operation manuals to determine optimum frequency of preventive maintenance for systems and equipment and schedule maintenance as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the College’s safety department, conduct key safety inspections on a regular, established basis (e.g., monthly inspections of all fire extinguishers on all campuses) and ensure fire extinguishers are maintained properly.
- Collaborate with external or subcontracted technicians and assist with tasks as required.
- Operatera variety of material handling equipment including powered industrial equipment such as a forklift.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures including regulatory requirements related to OSHA, ADA, and EPA.
- Adhere to chemical management regulations in accordance with all safety guidelines listed on safety data sheets (SDS). Ensure the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Serve on departmental and/or College committees as requested and needed.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact