Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A Master’s degree in Fine Arts (MFA); OR a master’s degree (MA) with 18 hours in master’s level Printmaking classes.
- A specialization in Etching/Intaglio, Woodcut or Linoleum Relief, and Serigraphy/Silkscreen techniques is preferred.
- Provide evidence (portfolio of personal and student work, syllabi, project lists, etc.) of a solid working knowledge of printmaking in one or more techniques.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of current Learning Management Systems (L.M.S. – e.g., Moodle or Blackboard, etc.) is essential for anyone teaching online classes and looked-for in every instructor teaching art classes.
- Should be conversant with historical and contemporary issues in art.
- Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others; and aptitude to work within a collaborative team environment.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College (Morehead City, NC) is accepting applications for an adjunct/part-time Printmaking Art Instructor for the Fall 2021 semester (August - December 2021) to provide instruction on-campus. Apply online at www.carteret.edu.
This position is not benefit eligible. The candidate should have the ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule and limited travel within service area.
Applicants must complete the online application in its entirety, including references, and attach an unofficial copy of their college transcript. If more than 1 transcript, scan together and attach as one document. The applicant must be able to provide, when requested, evidence (portfolio of personal and student work, syllabi, project lists, etc.) of a solid working knowledge of printmaking in one or more techniques.
Hourly rate of pay is per contact hour of instruction, and is the minimum hourly rate as outlined in the current fiscal year NC Community College State Aid Allocations and Budget Policies, currently ranging from $31.24 per contact hour (Master's Degree), to $33.38 per contact hour (Doctoral degree).
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
The part-time instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the Dept. Chair and approved by the division director.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including online Web-Attendance and online grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, outcomes, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to Dept. Chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and studio facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities as needed to maintain competency with the college’s Learning Management System, grade and attendance reporting software systems.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Applicants must complete the online application in its entirety, including references, and attach an unofficial copy of their college transcript. If more than 1 transcript, scan together and attach as one document. The applicant must be able to provide, when requested, evidence (portfolio of personal and student work, syllabi, project lists, etc.) of a solid working knowledge of printmaking in one or more techniques.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557