Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent typing, computer, and recordkeeping skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff and community members
- Previous experience in an educational office setting
- Knowledge of computes, desktop office applications and mainframes
- Access or other database skills
- Good organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and work with details
- Knowledge of college and departmental procedures
- Ability to work in a collaborative team
- Reviews and verifies documents/records for accuracy and audit readiness.
- Modifies and maintains documents/records as assigned. Documents/records may include but not limited to course descriptions, course outlines and credential files.
- Maintains files for documents/record to ensure easy retrieval and access. Files may include but not limited to Course Information Sheets and official correspondence with regulatory agencies.
- Maintains databases for tracking purpose. Follow-up to ensure that required documents/records are received.
- Maintains curriculum records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and destruction.
- Processes Registrar’s office data entry for students, test and credit scores, high school transcripts and other data entry as necessary.
- Processes transfer credit assessment for college transcripts, transfer credit evaluations and credit for prior learning.
- Process NC Community college transcripts evaluations and scans into appropriate system.
- Processes transcript and mail requests.
- Registers students and assist students with add/drop and withdraw processes.
- Answers phone calls related to students, faculty and staff needs.
- Processes graduation letters and other digital correspondents.
- Scans documents and enters data related to student records including ADA records.
- Assists with dual enrollment paperwork processes and data entry.
- Assist with the purchasing processes.
- Utilizes Colleague information management system to accomplish assigned duties.
- Provides a confidential atmosphere for student records.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide clerical support for the Registrar.
- Commitment to the community college “open door” philosophy.
- Willingness to complete other tasks as may be required for the success of the division and institution.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, letter of interest and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for receipt of applications is September 30, 2020.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact