Closes: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two or more years work experience in an office administrative position
- Excellent demonstrated computer skills including MS Office - Word, Excel and/or Access, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of office publishing programs
- Demonstrated ability to design marketing materials – brochures, flyers, course schedules, etc
- Demonstrated ability to complete accurate and efficient reports in a timely manner without close supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Handle confidential information and documents with care and discretion
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities
- Commitment to the community college “open door” philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept
- Community College data entry experience using Ellucian Colleague software
- Demonstrated ability to create promotional materials with InDesign software
Under the general supervision of the Director of Continuing Education, the Processing Assistant IV provides administrative support to members of the Workforce & Community Development Division. In order to accomplish the objectives of the position, the Processing Assistant IV performs the following functions.
- Serves as a point of contact for students, visitors, instructors, and staff; determines the general nature of their needs; and directs them to appropriate programs/staff with excellent customer service skills and professionalism.
- Generates contracts for Continuing Education classes
- Monitors enrollment data throughout the semester to make sure errors are kept at a minimum
- Assists with compiling the FTE report required by the North Carolina Community College System Office
- Provides class records and reports for FTE and fiscal auditors/compliance reviewers upon request
- Enters student registration for occupational extension, community service, and basic skills courses into Ellucian Colleague and/or Small Business Center seminars into Center IC
- Verifies timesheets/reports for part-time instructor payroll, as appropriate
- Assists staff in determining appropriate course titles, program codes and workforce continuing education credentials
- Transcribes written correspondence and course related materials
- Develops brochures, flyers, schedules, etc. for Workforce & Community Development Division
- Maintains information on SCC’s Workforce Continuing Education webpage
- Compiles the Fire Certification report which is required by the NCDOI OSFM
- Assists Small Business Center Director with the annual performance report
- Assists with scheduling available rooms in T and HHS Buildings for classes, meetings, etc.
- Assists with implementation of Defensive Driving Program including working with District Attorney’s Office and National Safety Council
- Receipts registration monies and validates receipt rosters
- Prepares and distributes completion certificates for all SBC seminars and occupational extension classes
- Reports required licensure renewal hours to state agencies
- Reviews weekly Status of Classes Report to monitor registration, class cancellations and student grades
- Initiates requisitions for purchase of supplies and materials
- Ensures requisitions are coded to the appropriate budget line item
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Continuing Education and Vice President of Workforce & Community Development Division
How to Apply
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, letter of interest and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, October 31, 2018. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. For a required Southeastern Community College application, visit www.sccnc.edu or call (910) 642-7141, ext. 310.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact