Textile Technology Center, Kimbrell Campus, Belmont, NC
Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma or GED/HSE required.
- At least three years of textile manufacturing experience in carding, spinning, and twisting required.
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Machine maintenance and/or electronics training or certification preferred.
- Experience in drawing, MJS spinning, and winding preferred.
- Experience in maintaining carding, spinning, twisting, and winding equipment preferred.
Responsible for duties associated with textile product development including operating various equipment related to yarn/material processing. Responsible for proper machine set-up, operation, and quality material processing per specifications, and documentation as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work safely and follow all safety rules and expectations.
- Perform work as assigned in the development of new products through the operation and maintenance of various machinery and equipment for yarn processing. Document operating procedures and equipment specifications as needed.
- Read and follow production work orders, processing instructions, and operation manuals to ensure accurate and quality machine set-up and material processing for a variety of processes including Carding, Drawing, Roving, Spinning, Winding, and Twisting, including testing, as needed.
- Responsible for the safe machine set-up, operation, and quality of materials processed or produced for a variety of operations including Carding, Drawing, Roving, Spinning, Winding, and Twisting. Observe all equipment and materials for quality and production including machine downtime/malfunction, monitoring yarn packages or materials, identifying yarn breaks and making repairs, and doffing packages as needed.
- Carding: Operate carding equipment to convert cotton, synthetics, or other raw materials by opening and transforming the fibers.
- Drawing: Pass groups of slivers through a series of drafting rolls.
- Roving: Operate roving frames to convert sliver into roving.
- Spinning: Set-up and tend to spinning equipment. Brush yarn or lint from drawing rollers, guides, and rails as needed and doff machines as needed.
- Winding/Twisting: Set-up and tend equipment to wind yarn from one package to another and to twist the yarn. Place supply packages on spindles/holders and threads ends of yarn from each package through guides and tension devices.
- Operate and observe equipment to detect malfunctions or defects and adjust machine controls as needed. Responsible for efficiency and quality reports.
- Maintain records and reports for all technical assistance projects, classes, and activities.
- Design or create new applications, ideas, and systems, when necessary to achieve established goals. Combine, evaluate, and analyze information and data to make decisions and solve problems.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts in order to provide assistance as requested, and advise commercial colleagues on technical aspects of business as needed.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Attend staff meetings and other related special meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and overhead reaching required.
- Must be able to climb and crawl around machinery.
- Exposure to typical elements associated with a textile manufacturing and lab environment.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact