7220 Wilkinson Blvd, Belmont, NC 28012
Closes: Sunday, March 17, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of textile manufacturing operations experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to typical elements associated with a textile manufacturing and lab environment.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) related field from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Machine maintenance and/or electronics training or certification a plus.
- Prior experience with team management or direct reports a plus.
Open Until Filled-
Perform work assigned in developing new products through the operation and maintenance of various yarn and fabric formation machinery. Advise and consult with clients as needed and establish and maintain industry contacts and relationships. Responsible for team leadership and day-to-day production management of technicians and specialists. Reports to the Vice President-Fiber Innovation and Facilities Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Team leadership and day-to-day production management of technicians and specialists. Assigning daily tasks and priorities. Ensure team members are following safety protocols. Track leave time, sick time, and timecards. Mentor and motivate team in growth and advancement. Organize training and learning in technologies needed to achieve Textile Technology Center/Fiber Innovation Center goals.
- Perform work assigned in developing new products through the operation and maintenance of various yarn and fabric formation machinery. Document operating procedures and equipment specifications as needed.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts and relationships. Establish a good report with industry leaders, innovators, and engineers. Maintain a customer service frame of mind with an elevated level of professionalism while representing the center positively.
- Advise and consult with clients as needed on trial planning and process development to assure the best possible outcomes of the clients work.
- Read and follow production work orders, processing instructions, and operation manuals to ensure accurate and quality machine set-up and material processing for a variety of processes including Carding, Drawing, Roving, Spinning, Winding, Twisting, Weaving, Knitting, and testing, as needed.
- Observe all equipment and materials for quality and production including machine downtime/malfunction, monitoring yarn packages or materials, identifying yarn breaks and making repairs, and doffing packages as needed.
- Operate and observe equipment to detect malfunctions or defects and adjust machine controls as needed. Oversee and/or perform routine maintenance on related labs and equipment. Develop and apply a preventive maintenance program for applicable equipment.
- Inspect or diagnose equipment, structures, or materials to identify the causes of errors or other problems or defects, and troubleshoot, fix, service, align, set up, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment to achieve product quality and manufacturing efficiency.
- Design or create new applications, ideas, and systems, when necessary to achieve established goals. Combine, evaluate, and analyze information and data to make decisions and solve problems.
- Maintain records and reports for all technical assistance projects, classes, and activities.
- Follow all safety procedures and assist in continually improving and evaluating Environmental Health & Safety culture and policies.
- Attend staff meetings and other related special meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines as appropriate. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact