Closes: Friday, April 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in English or a related field from a regionally accredited institution is required. Must have superior written and oral communication skills as well as knowledge of conventions of standard English. Must be able to communicate a personable and professional demeanor with students and faculty.
Prior experience teaching or tutoring students in English.
The initial application review will begin on March 11, 2021. Preference will be given to applications submitted on or before March 10, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Responsible for providing effective instructional and tutoring assistance aligned with learning objectives established by instructors, English Studio coordinator, and English department chair. Will work with individuals or in small groups with a specific focus on writing skills acquisition. Tutors can be expected to consult with students supplement instruction, and assisting with technology.
- Provide supplemental instruction by working with students individually, in small groups, or whole class.
- Follow and convey to students instructions and assignment guidelines established by the English department chair or the English Faculty Learning Community (FLC)
- Contact students who are absent from classes at the instructor's or supervisor's request.
- Maintain classroom English Studio environment and report problems in a timely manner to the English Studio supervisor.
- Maintain accurate records of supplemental instruction.
- Use Moodle and Google docs to access instructor materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.