Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution with documented successful completion of undergraduate coursework in desired tutoring discipline(s).
- Demonstrated expertise in discipline-related coursework.
- Work experience, coupled with technical certification(s) may substitute degree requirements
- Previous experience providing learning support, instruction, and/or mentorship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution with documented successful completion of undergraduate coursework in desired tutoring discipline(s).
- Three years of experience providing learning support and/or instruction
- Previous work experience in an educational institution
- Ability to speak, write, and understand a language in addition to English
- Experience tutoring and/or instructing English language learners, students with disabilities, and adult learners
- Proficiency in using the Canvas learning management systems
- Proficiency in using Microsoft environments
The Center for Academic Engagement’s Professional Tutors provide effective tutoring to enhance the learning of students in specific subject areas. As a provider of learning support, the Professional Tutor responds to the individual needs of students by personalizing tutoring strategies and methodologies while building their self-efficacy, problem solving abilities, content mastery, and metacognitive skills. These learning processes may occur through in-person, online, and course embedded mediums.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact