- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Associate's Degree
2. Minimum of 3 years leadership experience within a Public Safety Field
3. Demonstrated knowledge of a PSAP
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Minimum of 5 years as a manager within a North Carolina 911 Center.
2. ETC Instructor Certification or obtain within six months of employment.
3. Certified as an Emergency Number Professional (ENP) with the National Emergency Number Association (NENA)and/or certified as a Registered Public Safety Leader (RPL) with the Association of Public Safety CommunicationsOfficials (APCO).
4. Demonstrated classroom management and experience with adult education training.
A Program Coordinator is responsible to their appropriate Dean and Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer and works in concert with instructors in the program to provide effective instructional programs within that department. Program Coordinators will receive a course load reduction to do administrative duties related to the program.
In addition to the duties assigned to an instructor, the Program Coordinator’s responsibilities and duties include:
1. Participates in administrative decision making within the total curriculum program, including annual reviews. Makes certain that NCCCS and other applicable agency standards are met.
2. Assists in the establishment or revision of academic policy.
3. Plans, compiles, edits, and maintains annual program learning outcomes for review in the College’s strategic planning and evaluation process.
4. Oversees program equipment and supply purchases and budgets and recommends expenditures to the VicePresident for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer.
5. Coordinates the development of the semester schedule in collaboration with the Registrar’s office, appropriate Dean, and the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer.
6. Completes other duties as required to meet academic, Richmond Community College, and NCCCS requirements.
7. If governed by outside agencies, the program coordinator will ensure the department’s programs meet that agency’s requirements.
8. Coordinates program text selection, working closely with the Bookstore Manager on textbook orders and purchases,instructor ancillaries, and student ancillaries on an ongoing basis.
9. Oversees the program budget, monitoring equipment needs, making recommendations for equipment and supplypurchases, and equipment maintenance to the appropriate Dean.
10. Coordinates communication and scheduling meetings (twice a year minimum) with program advisory committee members.
How to Apply
Salary: This is a 12-month faculty position. This position has a competitive salary available based on experience and qualifications.
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RichmondCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED