Closes: Thursday, September 12, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in the Education or related and at least 2 years’ experience in teaching Basic Skills or related field
Program Coordinator - College and Career Readiness
Job ID: req3618
Position Closing Date: August 6, 2019 or open until filled
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
The Program Coordinator position is located on the Central Campus. Seeking an experienced Senior Coordinator for our Adult Basic Education and related programs in the Central Piedmont College and Career Readiness (CCR) department.
College and Career Readiness - CCR is an adult literacy program that provides an array of pre-college offerings which include high school equivalency preparation, Adult High School, English as a Second Language, I-LEAD, and a variety of career-infused programs. CCR serves students to develop the skills and knowledge needed and to explore the multiple pathways available to achieve educational and career goals.
This Senior Coordinator plans and organizes the academic and administrative functions of ABE and ABE related programs at all CP campus sites and in the community. The successful candidate will have a record of building and inspiring effective and cohesive teams; seeking and valuing input from faculty, staff, and administration; and overseeing the development and delivery of instructional courses and programs. Flexibility, creativity and a willingness to implement and navigate change in the service of student success are required qualities. Experience leading an adult literacy program with a successful track record of meeting or exceeding state and federal performance benchmarks is preferred. We are looking for a dynamic facilitator and team player to help lead our ABE, AHS and related programs.
Plans and coordinates all aspects of assigned programs at various campus and community-basedlocations; manages the activities of faculty and staff; oversees curriculum development and innovativedelivery design.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides direction, support, training, and supervision for faculty and staff; prepares recommendations for hiring staff; makes recommendations regarding disciplinary actions including termination; establishes and monitors employee performance objectives.
2. Prepares documentation for the origination of classes; schedules dates, rooms and instructors; reviews class schedule for accuracy.
3. Monitors course offerings and recommends additions, changes, deletions to keep program area current; coordinates the development of curriculum, course outlines, and materials.
4. Participates in overseeing and coordinating administrative operations for CCR, such as accurate completion of forms, online attendance, and CODs.
5. May teach courses within the assigned area; models effective teaching techniques for instructors.
6. Advises students on a variety of academic and administrative matters.
7. Ensures faculty and staff understand and follow state and National Reporting System guidelines, including the state assessment policy.
8. Reviews needs for equipment, supplies, and instructional materials and recommends purchase.
9. Assesses professional development needs of faculty and staff to ensure that they remain current on evidence-based practices; provides tools and support for faculty and staff to monitor and analyze student and class data and initiate program improvement strategies.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Principles and practices of program management
· Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation
· Principles of supervision including employee training and performance evaluation Principles and practices of grant proposal preparation
· Principles and practices of financial record keeping Computer technology and application
· Oral and written communication skill
How to Apply
Job Post Contact