Closes: Friday, December 13, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a STEM or Education related field and two years of related work experience
· Two years of higher education experience
· Previous experience with programs that serve (URM) underrepresented minorities
The Program Coordinator is a multi campus position and is grant funded until July 30, 2021.
Overview of Project
The North Carolina STEM Alliance (NCSA), under the leadership of Central Piedmont Community College (CP), is a community college alliance consisting of CPCC, Forsyth Technical Community College (DCCC) and Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC). The alliance will implement a variety of activities that could potentially increase the participation of underrepresented minorities in STEM disciplines and ensure that all populations have the opportunity to succeed in STEM careers.
Description of Duties
The Program Coordinator will plan and organize activities of the North Carolina STEM Alliance to ensure that goals, objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: providing support to the Project Manager; coordinating staff activities; recruiting NCSA STEM Fellows; monitoring student academic progress; coordination of student support interventions; coordinating academic and professional development activities; coordinating STEM-based research experiences for NCSA STEM Fellows; interacting with college student support services staff and coordinating marketing and outreach efforts.
Plan and organize the activities of the North Carolina STEM Alliance; provide responsible staff support to the Project Manager; coordinate the activities of staff; interface external customers to determine current academic needs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the Project Manager in developing planning, implementing and administering goals and objectives of the North Carolina STEM Alliance.
2. Recruits, interviews, recommends North Carolina STEM Alliance student participants and provides orientation for assigned area; monitors and evaluates student participation and performance; manages student stipends.
3. Monitors academic progress and recommends student support interventions to keep North Carolina STEM Alliance student participants on track with the targeted goals.
4. Initiates the marketing of NC STEM Alliance activities; recruits students; work with marketing staff and prepares marketing materials and literature for distribution to potential students; makes presentations to schools, organizations and agencies.
5. Provides administrative assistance to immediate supervisor; develops prepares and presents recommendations and reports; coordinates activities with other program areas.
6. Advises students on a variety of academic, administrative and career exploration matters; assesses students in training needs for program/area; suggests alternate courses of action.
7. Meets with advisory committees and follows up on recommendations; submits committee meeting minutes.
8. Reviews need for supplies and instructional materials and recommends purchase.
9. Ensures program accreditation, certification and licensure; represents the program and college at meetings of professional organizations.
10. Ensures the submission of initial employment forms for employees; Assists students with job placement.
11. Designs and delivers presentation to NC STEM Alliance partners, community partners and College administration.
12. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Principles and practices of program management
Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation
Principles of supervision including employee training and performance evaluation
Principles and practices of grant proposal preparation
Principles and practices of financial record keeping
Methods and techniques of program marketing and publicity
Computer technology and application
Oral and written communication skill
How to Apply
Job Post Contact