Fort Bragg, NC
Closes: Monday, July 26, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
College degree. A minimum of two years-experience in providing customer service and or administrative support in the business or public sector.
The primary purpose for this position is to assist the Apprenticeship program at Fort Bragg. This will involve ensuring that solders are registered, completed or canceled from the program and providing the customer service to those in the program. The Program Coordinator will provide the record keeping and support for all occupations registered in the Fort Bragg Apprenticeship program, for all registered participants. Included in this will be data input and review, assistance in program development, and the creation of completion certificates. The Program Coordinator will provide clerical support in developing, collecting, reviewing, processing, and storing information for the Fort Bragg program. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for filing, phone communications and a variety of administrative duties. Position responsibilities are concentrated in the areas of records and reports, files and customer service. Position has considerable understanding of the organizational processes and program purposes in order to respond to the public inquires and internal employees.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/AND ABILITIES: This position supports the Fort Bragg Apprenticeship in the following actions:
- Process apprentice actions to official record;
- Must have computer experience in Microsoft Office;
- Promote, develop and register apprentices;
- Service employer with registrations, completions and cancelations;
- Follow and assure implementation official office procedures to assure compliance;
- File and archive physical and digital documents;
- Deliver by mail certificates and official documents;
- Manage financial compliance, documentation, and procedure;
- Maintain inventory on equipment and supplies;
- Create and deliver official correspondence;
- Replicate or procure documents archived and current.
PREFERENCES: Customer service and administrative experience.
How to Apply
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
APRIL TIBBS, RECRUITMENT ADMINISTRATOR
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222