Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, April 19, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Must have work experience supporting food, beverage, or natural product companies;
3. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent experience managing administrative tasks working with software programs, such as Colleague (or similar programs), Eprocurement, and Microsoft Office;
4. Must have work experience assisting with lab office support.
1. A Master’s degree;
2. Two years of experience working in a community college setting;
3. One year of full-time or equivalent experience in planning programs and/or classes for a community college;
4. Experience in creating and delivering training programs using adult learning principles;
5. Experience using QuickBooks;
6. Experience using Colleague;
7. Experience using the NC E-Procurement system;
8. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position is part of the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) BioNetwork initiative and has local, regional, and statewide responsibilities. The Program Coordinator serves the organizational mission by supporting the Director and team with workforce training, product testing services, and related projects for external clients in food, beverage, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and natural products companies. This position works with internal clients at colleges across the state and provides primary logistical and organizational support for BioNetwork industry trainers and the Natural Products Laboratory staff at A-B Tech.
1. Compiles and reports metrics.
2. Assists with billing, tracking, and payment delivery to the business office.
3. Maintains calendars including scheduling tours.
4. Develops and maintains BioNetwork controlled documentation.
5. Coordinates security lock hardware, software, and service.
6. Receives laboratory samples.
7. Functions as primary opening enrollment course coordinator.
8. Supports Industry Trainers for all BioNetwork OE courses including scheduling, documentation, and coordination of educational and informational programs and resources to the general public and industry and economic development.
9. Functions as the primary eProcurement submitter and reviewer: completes purchase requisitions, maintains instructional material pricing spreadsheets, prepares and processes all necessary PSA/CSAs documentation, and prepares all payroll requests for part-time employees.
10. Maintains shared spreadsheet(s) of office and training supplies requested, ordered, and received
11. Performs general office duties including maintaining filing system; routing incoming and outgoing mail; maintaining a supply of forms and supplies; functioning as the first contact with calls and email requests for information; maintaining contracts for office services, blanket POs, and other documents; assisting in cleaning, disinfecting, and organizing common areas; checking in purchases and adding them to inventory.
12. Ensures printing capabilities are working at all times.
13. Updates training information on NC Bio network website and calendar.
14. Prints and organizes material for Industry Training.
15. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
16. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.