- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 20, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associate’s degree in Industrial Systems Technology, or Mechatronics Engineering Technology, or related field. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
• Five Years’ experience in the industrial maintenance field including automation.
• Teaching experience in a school or industry training setting.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Post-secondary teaching experience.
• Experience in programming various PLC controllers and automated systems.
• Proficient in 2D and 3D engineering design software.
• Experience with CNC operations.
In addition to carrying out the duties of an instructor, a program coordinator provides supervision for faculty, coordination, oversight, and leadership for an assigned program that leads to a certificate, diploma, or associate’s degree. This individual is also responsible for program development, equipment and facilities, personnel, and financial responsibilities as outlined below.
Teaching and Learning:
• Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department chairperson and approved by the dean.
• Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
• Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies.
• Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
• Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
• Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
• Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable.
• Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
• Maintain, review and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
• Make recommendations to department chairperson for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
• Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
• Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
• Provide assistance to advisees.
• Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
• Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
• Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees.
• Follow up on all assigned advisees.
• Attend training sessions relative to advising.
• Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the department chair and then the dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
• Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
• Maintain membership and participation in professional organizations.
• Read professional literature.
• Keep abreast of current technology.
• Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
• Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
• Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
• Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
• Serve on committees as required.
• Participate in college-wide activities.
• Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
• Be alert to public relations opportunities and uses these to promote the college and the department.
• Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
• Provide administration with information for institutional publications.
• Recommend to the department chairperson teaching assignment for instructors.
• Orient new instructors to the job’s responsibilities and to the College’s operations and policies.
• Participate in interviews and recommend employment of full and part-time faculty.
• Supervise and direct activities of full- and part-time faculty.
• Assist in employee evaluation through classroom visitation as requested by the department chairperson.
• Assume responsibility for informing all program faculty about institutional policies.
• Recruit credentialed and qualified part-time teachers for teaching assignments.
Finance, Facilities and Equipment:
• Assist the department chairperson in the preparation and supervision of departmental program budgets.
• Approve requests for supplies, equipment and instructional materials as appropriate.
• Maintain an equipment inventory.
• Maintain equipment and facilities according to acceptable standards.
• Assure the availability to program faculty of supplies, equipment and instructional materials.
• Recommend to the department chairperson textbooks for adoption and supplementary materials for acquisition.
• Oversee the development of course descriptions and outlines.
• Prepare materials for recommended curriculum changes.
• Prepare annual curriculum course schedules.
• Recommend individuals to serve on curriculum advisory committees.
• Assess, prepare, and implement annual tactical goals.
• Read written communications and analyze and interprets both verbal and written communications.
• Respond coherently both verbally and in writing to students, co-workers and individuals having contact with the College.
• Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Present information effectively to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Perform basic mathematical operations in problem solving.
• Apply mathematical concepts such as exponent and permutation to such tasks as test reliability, frequency distribution, sampling theory and factor analysis.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions.
• Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deals with several abstract and concrete variables.