Program Coordinator, Req.#5020
Closes: Sunday, October 9, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a STEM related field and two years of administrative experience
Central Piedmont Community College’s Engineering Division is a thriving center for university transfer students with the Associate in Engineering and for workforce development with accredited curriculum programs including Civil, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, and Mechanical Engineering Technologies, as well as successful programs in Mechatronics Engineering, Biomedical Medical Equipment, Computer-Integrated Machining, Geomatics, and Sustainability Technologies.
Plan and organize the activities for the Engineering Technologies Division and with Corporate and Continuing Education; provide responsible staff support to the administrator; manage the activities of faculty and staff; interface external customers to determine current training needs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the administrator in developing planning, implementing and administering goals and objectives of the Engineering Technologies Division.
2. Coordinates in the recruitment of trainers/instructors/staff and assists in orientation for assigned area.
3. Initiates the marketing of assigned program areas; recruits students; work with marketing staff and prepares marketing materials and literature for distribution to potential students; makes presentations to schools, organizations and agencies.
4. Provides and coordinates tours to students, industry partners, and outside organizations.
5. Provides administrative assistance to immediate supervisor; develops prepares and presents recommendations and reports; coordinates activities with other program areas.
6. Facilitates general advisement to students on a variety of academic and administrative matters.
7. Coordinates and serves on advisory committees. Follows up on advisory committee recommendations and submits committee meeting minutes.
8. Coordinates with the selection and purchase of equipment, supplies and instructional materials. Coordinates the proper use, safety, security and maintenance of equipment.
9. Coordinates and assists in program accreditations, certifications and licensures.
10. Facilities with career placement office with job placement for students.
11. Interfaces with industry partners to assess corporate and continuing educational needs.
12. Liaise with apprenticeship programs by meeting with industry partners and by collecting student performance data.
13. Proctor and coordinate Engineering Technologies related certification testing.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Principles and practices of program management
* Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation
* Principles of supervision including employee training and performance evaluation
* Principles and practices of grant proposal preparation
* Principles and practices of financial record keeping
* Methods and techniques of program marketing and publicity
* Computer technology and application
* Oral and written communication skill.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply to: https://www.cpcc.edu/about-central-piedmont/administrative-offices/human...
Central Piedmont is committed to equal employment opportunities
Job Post Contact