Closes: Thursday, March 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution and two years of responsible administrative experience required.
Plan and organize the instructional activities of an assigned program area within Corporate and Continuing Education; provides responsible staff support to the administrator; manages the activities of CCE Instructors and staff; interfaces with external customers to determine training needs and appropriate instructional delivery.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the administrator in developing planning, implementing and administering goals and objectives of the assigned area.
2. Recruits, interviews, recommend trainers/instructors/staff and provides orientation for assigned area; monitors and evaluates trainer/instructor/staff performance.
3. Prepares documentation for the origination of classes; schedule dates, rooms and trainers/instructors; Proofs class schedule for accuracy.
4. Monitors course offerings and recommends additions, changes, deletions to keep program/area current; coordinates the development of course outlines and materials in assigned area.
5. Works with marketing staff to design marketing materials and literature for distribution to potential students; makes presentations to schools, organizations and agencies.
6. Provides administrative assistance to immediate supervisor; develops prepares and presents recommendations and reports; coordinates activities with other program areas.
7. May teach courses within the assigned area; demonstrates high degree of skill in teaching; models effective teaching techniques for trainers/instructors.
8. Advises students on a variety of learning and administrative matters; assesses students in training needs for program/area; suggests alternate courses of action.
9. Identifies qualified persons to serve on advisory committees and recommends to administrator; Meets with advisory committee and follows up on recommendations; submits committee meeting minutes.
10. Reviews need for equipment, supplies and instructional materials and recommends purchase.
11. Ensures program accreditation, certification and licensure; represents the program and college at meetings of professional organizations.
12. Ensures the submission of initial employment forms for employees.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Experience in developing on-line and hybrid classes
* Previous educational experience at community college level
* Principles and practices of program management
* Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation
* Principles of supervision including employee training and performance evaluation
* Principles and practices of grant proposal preparation
* Principles and practices of financial record keeping
* Methods and techniques of program marketing and publicity
* Computer technology and application
* Strong oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact