RCC Main Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, April 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A master’s degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE); valid Registered Respiratory Therapist or be a physician (MD or DO) or academician (PhD or EdD); a current professional license or certificate unless exempted from licensure under state or federal law; minimum of four (4) years’ experience as an RRT or physician (MD or DO) or academician of which at least two (2) years must include experience in clinical respiratory care, pulmonary medicine, cardiothoracic surgery, critical care, anesthesiology, healthcare administration, healthcare research, or a subject area directly related to the degree conferred; minimum of two (2) years; teaching experience in clinical respiratory care, research, management, education, or a subject area directly related to the degree conferred by the program.
Knowledgeable about Commission on Accreditation of Respiratory Care (CoARC) programmatic standards and provide evidence of active participation in NCSRC [North Carolina Society of Respiratory Care] is desired.
Same as minimum.
- Plan, organize, promote and teach appropriate courses for Robeson Community College
- Perform all instruction-related duties in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the College, the North Carolina Community College System, and with appropriate accrediting bodies where applicable
- Provide placement, advising, follow-up support services and other duties as assigned
- Assure the program meets standards established by the institution and CoARC by planning, implementing and continuously evaluating program outcomes and results for program improvement
- Maintain supportive relationships with clinical education affiliates and other academic programs at the institution
- Assign, supervise and evaluate all full and part-time program faculty
- Perform assessments of respiratory therapy students’ cognitive, affective and psychomotor skills;
- Communicate effectively in both the educational and health care settings;
- Implement and assess identified program and institutional student learning outcomes that support institutional effectiveness and programmatic accreditation
- Maintain appropriate expertise and competencies through continuing professional development and participate in professional organizations;
- Serve on department and college committees as requested;
- Provide leadership in establishing and maintaining program advisory committees and coordinate the program advisory meetings.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources, Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359