Closes: Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, adult education or related field
A minimum of 3 years of experience in business/industry settings
Demonstrated project management skills
Attention to detail and ability to maintain evidence to support program operations
Skill in the use of computers and commitment to using appropriate technology
Demonstrated competence in MS Office applications
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work effectively and collegially with others
Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
Effectiveness in the addressing College organizational competencies
Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
Anticipating and responding to change
Providing vision and leadership
Ability to facilitate meetings and workshops, conduct training and presentation sessions
Ability and initiative to organize and manage multiple projects and budgets
Ability to assess customer training needs and develop and implement appropriate solutions
Ability to maintain a high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
Prior experience in corporate/industry training
Prior experience in Career & Technical Education and/or Continuing Education programs
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The Davidson-Davie Community is dedicated to providing a high quality education designed to prepare students to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, Davidson-Davie celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Davidson-Davie faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
The Program Director, Business and Workforce Training, is responsible for planning, management and evaluation of non-credit programming aligned with business and industry needs. The Program Director reports to the Division Chair, Business and Workforce Training and has the following specific responsibilities:
- Provide coordination /supervision/ project management for Business and Industry Training activities in NC Works Customized Training industry projects.
- Assist the Division Chair, Business and Workforce Training in development and implementation of courses and programs tailored to meet the training and development needs of companies related to areas of job creation, productivity enhancement, and deployment of technology from client needs assessments.
- Manage processes to support customized training programs, including funding requests and reporting requirements.
- Facilitate processes to ensure compliance with College and State policies and procedures.
- Maintain currency with local, state and federal guidelines to support training needs.
- Monitor industry statistics, collect data, and follow trends in regional economic clusters. Develop new training for the benefit of businesses in the service area; supervise required class setup for Business & Industry Training projects; provide institutional support and work cooperatively Continuing Education colleagues on division initiatives.
- Assists in the instructional processes through appropriate planning, scheduling and ensuring adequate training facilities.
- Monitors effectiveness of instruction.
- Represents the College during functions affiliated with Customized Training.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state and county agencies.
- Assists the Division Chair, Business and Workforce Training in supporting partnerships with stakeholders within the College and the community, especially as related to Customized Training in Davidson and Davie counties.
- Participate in College and School meetings and events.
- Perform other duties that support the mission, vision, values and initiatives of the College.