- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Masters’ degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Graduate of a Dental Hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
• Current Certified Dental Assisting credential.
• Current unrestricted license to practice as a dental hygienist in North Carolina.
• 3 years of full-time clinical experience in dental assisting/dental hygiene.
• 3 years of experience teaching in dental assisting/dental hygiene within a post-secondary institution.
• Experience with dental technology processes/products such a database management, data analytics, and use of Electronic Health Record software and Microsoft products.
• Experience with direct employee supervision and management.
• Experience with dental national accreditation standards and procedures, i.e. CODA.
• Experience with developing and maintaining an effective curriculum to include outcomes assessment and program evaluation.
• Masters of Dental Hygiene degree and/or Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
• Membership in the American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA).
• Membership in the American Dental Assisting Association (ADAA).
• Greater than 3 years of full-time experience in dental assisting/dental hygiene.
• Greater than 3 years teaching experience in dental assisting/dental hygiene within a post-secondary institution.
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternative instructional delivery systems.
• Community college teaching and/or administrative experience.
The Dental Assisting/Dental Hygiene Program Director in collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences provides the vision and leadership required to realize the mission of the Dental Assisting/Dental Hygiene Programs and the college at large. Primary administrative responsibilities include program development/management, budget development/management, maintaining programmatic accreditation/external partnerships, and providing operational supervision to full- and part-time faculty and staff in the department. Instructional responsibilities require a strong Dental Sciences skill set and the ability to teach students effectively in an instructional environment. The Program Director is a member of the full-time faculty and maintains a teaching load with some administrative release time to carry out administrative duties.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact