Closes: Thursday, January 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (healthcare, education, or business)
- Skill in the use of computers and commitment to using technology in instruction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others
- Ability to proactively address educational needs of healthcare providers
- Ability to maintain high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
Collaborating and facilitating
Creating and innovating
Anticipating and responding to change
Providing vision and leadership
- Current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in North Carolina
- Master’s degree in healthcare, education, or other related fields
- Experience with instructional technology
- Experience in distance education
- Experience in marketing educational programs
Davidson-Davie Community College (DDCC) is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The Davidson-Davie community is dedicated to providing students a high quality education designed to prepare them to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, DDCC celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. DDCC faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
Davidson-Davie's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
What you'll do on a typical day:
The Program Director, Workforce Development and Continuing Education, provides leadership in response to the educational needs of providers, organizations, businesses, and community members. The position is responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating appropriate academic and non-credit training programs, which strengthens the ties with healthcare agencies and other community partners. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining program quality and accountability compliance with state agencies, identifying clinical sites for all programs requiring clinical placement, and assuring that programs meet the criteria bi-annually for recertification. The position reports to the Division Chair, Public Services.
The Program Director has the following responsibilities:
- Develops organizes, and implements continuing education courses
- Works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and external agencies
- Proactively consults with healthcare providers to identify training/educational needs and develops curriculum to meet identified needs
- Hires, orients, mentors, supervises, and evaluates faculty who teach in health and wellness programs.
- Ensures compliance for a variety of healthcare programs with local, state, and federal health care regulations, including CNA, Medication Aide, Phlebotomy, and other programs
- Leads re-certification of CNA program bi-annually, completing all required paperwork and organizing site visits
- Identifies and negotiates clinical sites for all healthcare programs requiring clinical placement and monitors compliance with clinical expectations
- Attends meetings of local and regional healthcare organizations
- Facilitates processes to ensure compliance with all College policies and procedures, including class visits, data collection, and other compliance activities
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and equipment
- Provides academic advisement for students and assists in the registration process
- Maintains currency with issues and advances in education and healthcare to promote program effectiveness
- Assists in student recruitment and retention, including College-wide marketing initiatives
- Participates in College and School meetings
- Performs other tasks as assigned that support the mission and initiatives of the College
- Works days, evenings, and weekends at campus and community locations as needed to support program activities
- Creates contracts and does monthly payroll for faculty in the healthcare programs
- Monitors data management systems for student compliance in the areas of immunizations, drug screens, and background checks in CNA and Phlebotomy
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the College.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.