VGCC South Campus
1547 South Campus Drive, Creedmoor, NC 27522
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 20, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
An Associate in Applied Science degree in Mechatronics, Electronics, Industrial or related Engineering Technology with a minimum of 3 years of industry-related experience.
*Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Industrial or related Engineering
- Be prepared and sufficiently experienced to to teach all courses in Mechatronics, Electronics and Industrial Engineering.
- Assists in the design of the organizational structure and coordinates all instructional activities within the program to include but not be limited to:
- Developing core course syllabi and ongoing maintenance to ensure that syllabi are current and forwarded to the Department Chair for approval and posting to the college’s network folder and the Adjunct Faculty Portal.
- Preparing semester class schedules in collaboration with all constituents served.
- Selecting and requisitioning of textbooks and related materials for all campuses.
- Requisitioning and accounting for supplies, materials, equipment and repairs to equipment used by the department at all campuses in collaboration with the appropriate Campus Dean, if applicable.
- Maintaining appropriate records on students and faculty supervised.
- Making recommendations to the Department Chair and the Academic/Campus Dean concerning the development and expansion of courses and/or the program and the supervision of any expansion.
- Recommending new books, magazines, materials and equipment for use in the LRC when requested by the Director of the LRC.
- Encouraging and supporting innovative teaching techniques among program faculty.
- Coordinates and participates in activities with Enrollment & Outreach and Student Learning and Success in the recruitment, screening and selection of students for the program/department.
- Assists in the selection, orientation, and supervision of new full-time and part-time faculty at all campus locations.
- Maintains frequent contact with part-time instructors.
- Regularly participates as a member of assigned institutional committees.
- Maintains assigned teaching responsibilities.
- Participates in coordinating, developing, and assessing Program Outcomes and Student Learning Outcomes and uses these results to make program improvements.
- Serves as an advisor to students and provides a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences. During registration these hours will be extended at the discretion of the Department Chair and/or Academic/Campus Dean.
- Provides adequate coverage of scheduled classes in the absence of assigned instructors.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with appropriate individuals and agencies outside of the College that serve the best interest of the program.
- Completes appropriate faculty and staff evaluations and collaborates with campus deans to evaluate satellite faculty.
- Engages in professional development.
- Performs community service activities.
- Experiments with new, innovative teaching techniques.
- Demonstrates proficiency in technology required by the program area and in administrative processes as required by the college.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Academic/Campus Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3462