VGCC South Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A Masters Degree in a helping profession field from a regionally accredited college or university, at least one year experience in the helping professions, and at least one year experience in college-level teaching or adult education.
Certification by the North Carolina Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board or at least two years’ experience in Gerontology.
Post-secondary teaching experience.
Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
Experience with the completion of a self-study and interim report for the CSHSE.
Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
Experience providing clinical supervision.
1. Collaborate with Academic Dean regarding course assignment per semester.
2. Create and maintain course documents such as syllabi, objectives, tests, etc. The course syllabi must be submitted for review to the Academic Dean each semester.
3. Conduct class, lab, and/or WBL according to established meeting patterns.
4. Notify Academic and Campus Dean of any changes to class, lab and/or WBL days and/or times.
5. Update Moodle course page to use in course prior to start of semester.
6. Update and maintain the webpage for public information.
7. Communicate with students via Moodle as appropriate per course design (enhanced, hybrid or online).
8. Provide feedback to students via face to face and Starfish regarding course progression.
9. Record attendance and grades via WebAdvisor in accordance with semester deadlines.
10. Inform Academic Dean of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, plagiarism) as soon as possible.
11. Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrating the use of the results to make improvements to course/program.
12. Maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, academic progress, student grading systems, etc.
13. Recommend adoption or discontinuance of textbooks and/or other instructional supplies and equipment to the faculty and Academic Dean.
14. Recommend new books, magazines, materials and equipment for use in the LRCto faculty and Academic Dean (as appropriate).
15. Create appropriate course documents, such as syllabi, objectives, tests, lesson plans, etc. to be reviewed.
16. Maintain a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences. These hours may be extended at the discretion of the Academic Dean during registration.
17. Regularly participate as a member of assigned institutional committees and attend scheduled program/department meetings.
18. Serve as a faculty advisor for assigned students in matters pertaining to an advisee’s academic progress, scheduling and related matters.
19. Engages in professional development.
20. Performs community service activities. Participates in student recruitment efforts as directed.
21. Experiments with new, innovative teaching techniques.
22. Work in collaboration with the faculty to write strategies to promote program growth.
23. Obtains and maintains certification in online delivery systems as required by the college.
24. Demonstrates proficiency in technology required by academic program area and in administrative processes as required by the college.
25. Assumes other duties as assigned by the Academic Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3440