VGCC Main campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field; or
2. Master’s degree plus 18 graduate hours in Business Administration or a related field.
1. Supervisory experience preferred.
2. At least three years teaching experience preferred in a Community College or University setting.
3. Three years of experience in Business Administration or supply chain / logistics / distribution / procurement / transportation or related field.
• Assists in initiating, setting goals and leading the program including the design of the organizational structure and coordination of all instructional activities within the program.
• Makes recommendations to the Department Chair and the Academic/Campus Dean concerning the development and expansion of courses and/or the programs and the supervision of any expansion.
• Develops core course syllabi and ongoing maintenance to ensure that syllabi are current.
• Prepares semester class schedules in collaboration with all constituents served.
• Instructs assigned classes.
• Provides adequate coverage of scheduled classes in the absence of assigned instructors.
• Participates in coordinating, developing, and assessing Program Outcomes and Student Learning Outcomes and uses these results to make program improvements. Encourages and supports innovative teaching techniques among program faculty.
• Coordinates and participates in activities with Student Affairs, Student Learning and Success, and College Recruiter in the recruitment, screening and selection of students for the program/department.
• Serves as an advisor to students and provides a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences.
• Assists in the selection, orientation, and supervision of new full-time and part-time faculty at all campus locations.
• Completes appropriate faculty and staff evaluations and collaborates with campus deans to evaluate satellite faculty.
• Selects textbooks and related materials for the courses at all campuses and recommends new books, magazines, materials and equipment for use in the LRC when requested by the Director of the LRC.
• Regularly participates as a member of assigned institutional committees.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship with appropriate individuals and agencies outside of the College that serve the best interest of the program.
• Initiates requisitions and accounts for supplies, materials, equipment and repairs to equipment used by the department at all campuses in collaboration with the appropriate Campus Dean, if applicable.
• Engages in continuous professional development.
• Performs community service activities.
• Demonstrates proficiency in technology required by the program area and in administrative processes as required by the college.
• Must be willing to teach continuing education courses.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or Academic Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3462