- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, September 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Masters or Doctoral degree
- Holds ASCP-BOC or ASCP-BOC generalist certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist.
- Three years of teaching experience
Knowledge of education methods and administration as well as current NAACLS accreditation procedures and certification procedures
- Five years of teaching experience in the field of Medical Laboratory Technology or related field.
Provide academic leadership and supervision of Medical Laboratory Technology personnel; evaluate program and curriculum development; assist in recruitment and retention of faculty; develop instructional plans; maintain records; conduct subject research; prepare a variety of reports as requested; review and request new materials; plan, implement, evaluate, coordinate field work activities; schedule courses; teach classroom sessions; assist in recruitment and retention of students; advise students; evaluate student progress.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend Annual NAACLS National Accreditation Workshop.
- Teach program material via seated and online classes as required by the schedule
- Learn new material to keep up with changing technology
- Facilitate regular and substantive interaction via proactive communication with students
- Participate in recruiting for new students
- Ensure classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees
- Serve as a mentor to students in your area of expertise
- Represent the program within the College and community as the primary point of contact with enthusiasm
- Provide supervision to other faculty teaching within the program
- Coordinate advisory boards, program updates, offerings, and scheduling of courses.
- Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and workshops as appropriate, and maintain professional contacts with instructors in similar instructional areas on other campuses.
- Maintain daily office hours as part of the week work load.
- Instruct courses in Medical Laboratory Technology program.
- Create, administer, grade, and maintain records for exams, projects, activities, and reports for evaluation of students in each course.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions and objectives; develop syllabi for courses of instruction; and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system (SSP, TimeTrade, Colleague, etc.) to assist advisees and follow up with all assigned advisees.
- Assist students with career opportunities in conjunction with Student Career Services.
- Initiates the marketing of assigned program areas; recruits students; work with marketing staff and prepares marketing materials and literature for distribution to potential students; makes presentations to schools, organizations and agencies.
- Establish course offerings and scheduling for curriculum courses.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of full-time and part-time faculty.
- Evaluate and select textbooks and other learning materials required to effectively deliver course content.
- Provide administration with information for institutional publications.
- Assist the Dean of CU Health Science and Public Services in developing planning, implementing and administering goals and objectives of the Medical Laboratory Technology program.
- Develop, implement and maintain data and reports for Medical Laboratory Technology Program Review and Annual Plan.
- Review and update Medical Laboratory Technology Program Level and Course Level Student Learning Outcomes as needed. Collect data and complete reports on Learning Outcomes as required.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the Dean of CU Health Science & Public Services and Associate VP of Health Sciences & Public Services and Crutchfield Education Center and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
- Determine budget needs for equipment, supplies, and travel for program; recommend purchases when appropriate.
- Identifies qualified persons to serve on advisory committees and recommends to Dean of CU Health Sciences & Public Services; meets with advisory committee and follows up on recommendations; submits committee meeting minutes.
- Under supervision of Dean assume overall responsibility of program.
- Serve on a variety of campus committees and participate in campus activities and in-services.
- Participate in registration and preregistration activities at SCC.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- eLearning Tools
- Microsoft Office
- School Dude
- I.E. Processes
- Leadership Training
- Google Docs
- Web Advisor
- New Employee On boarding
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001