Program Specialist - Customized Training
201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
Opens: Monday, November 14, 2022
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, January 16, 2023
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree (or higher) from a nationally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- One-year experience in an educational or administrative environment required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), electronic calendaring, data entry, and accurate record-keeping skills required.
- Must have strong organizational skills with a high degree of detail orientation and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision but with multiple partners in a team environment and establish credibility and rapport with business clients and College staff.
- Must possess the ability to coordinate and follow through on multiple projects and details.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess driver’s license and have the ability to travel to class locations daily as needed.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or early mornings, evening hours and weekends.
- Experience with workforce development initiatives, continuing education, business and industry, or adult education in a post-secondary institution preferred.
- Administrative/secretarial experience preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 11/28/22
Reporting to the Director - Customized Training, the Program Specialist assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses and programs for customized training for business and industry. Ensures compliance with applicable state, federal, and North Carolina Community College System rules and regulations as it relates to customized training, and exercises responsible judgment when applying established policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote customized training internally and externally by developing strong relationships; marketing programs at community events and civic organizations; developing and distributing promotional materials; updating social media posts, and participating in job fairs, career days, employee orientations; and performing other duties as assigned.
- Type and compose letters, memos, course documents, handouts, and flyers. Create and maintain computerized mailing lists for special mailings. Carry out special projects aimed at further automation of various office functions. Receive and direct incoming phone calls for managed programs and provide general information to the administration, staff, faculty, students, and public as determined by the Director.
- In collaboration with Director - Customized Training and the Customized Training Program (CTP) team, will schedule and design training courses with company contacts, complete needed paperwork required for training, process all associated paperwork (e.g., contracts) with identified instructors, and identify and order materials and supplies as needed.
- Serve as liaison between part-time instructors and the Director of Customized Training for registration and in obtaining supplies, books, forms, etc. Assist instructors at employer sites and within the College with attendance, obtaining teaching aids, audio-visual equipment, keys, and other items as necessary.
- Represent the college at the beginning of training sessions as needed and requested, coordinate instructor arrival time at the training partner location, complete the registration process and arrange for pick-up of all course documents at the end of training sessions
- Assist in the design, development, and oversight of training courses and program development, and in the delivery (i.e., logistics) of training courses and programs.
- Upon the request of the Director of Customized Training research, identify and recommend instructors for hire.
- Conduct class visits and evaluate instructors/vendors during scheduled training to meet internal audit plan requirements and to ensure program quality.
- Maintain accurate records, prepare reports and perform other administrative tasks as needed to operate the CTP and its activities within budget guidelines.
- Follow college workflow processes to ensure program integrity and accountability in accordance with NCCCS and state regulatory agency requirements.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the College and for client locations, with specific attention given to safety-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Contribute to the growth of the Economic and Workforce Development Division with ideas that will increase the service of the College to the public. Carry out special projects aimed at further improvement of division and departmental processes.
- Participate in College functions, departmental, divisional and College-wide meetings and committees as appropriate.
- Attend meetings and seminars to obtain updated information for use in customized training.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact