Haywood Community College High Tech Center, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Monday, September 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in business or higher education field with experience in higher education and/or workforce development.
- Experience with grant management.
- Graduate degree in business or higher education
- Experience working with underemployed, unemployed, or otherwise dislocated workers
- Knowledge/Experience with advanced manufacturing
- Teaching Experience
- Experience managing or past involvement with Department of Labor Training Initiatives
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
** This position hire is contingent upon the funding of a grant. Upon grant funding, the hire of the position is time limited to 36 months **
The Project Director is responsible for facilitating the successful implementation and completion of project objectives and activities, content integration and reporting outcomes to the Alliance Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervise all grant personnel
- Manage project budget based on HCC and DOL budget management and purchasing guidelines
- Collect, analyze, and summarize project data as directed, author all reports required by HCC or DOL
- Maintain comprehensive files related to all aspects of grant management, including budget documents, financial reports and project efforts.
- Serve as the liaison between faculty members and grant instructional designer.
- Develop strategies to make grant efforts sustaining past end of grant funding.
- This position will be the project liaison between the partner industries.
- Communicating and networking with partners to ensure that accurate and current resource information is being disseminated.
- Facilitate team planning of project activities.
- Supervise the project Grant Coordinator, Administrative Assistant and faculty by facilitating the successful implementation and reporting of activities assigned to those positions.
- Oversee the collection of data and preparation of reports.
- Maintain comprehensive grant files including time and effort documentation, financial reports and records of activities.
- Monitor compliance of all project activities with college, state and federal guidelines.
- Travel to meetings or workshops as necessary.
- Work with industry representatives to facilitate partnerships and student internship placements that meet the employer's needs.
- Work closely with Instructional Designers/media personnel/faculty in the development of content, engagement of content experts for development of content for the online repository.
- Attends group meetings to provide information on services, requirements and procedures.
- Facilitate regular project staff meetings, review processes and feedback to inform project improvement, working closely with the project evaluator.
- Attend regular department meetings to provide grant project updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promote project to HCC community partners (e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Council, Advantage West)
- Present findings at national meetings
- Strengthen partnerships with local industry in conjunction with Continuing Education and Work Force Development personnel at HCC.
- Evaluate instruction provided and develop strategies for improvement.
- Work closely with student services to ensure students are receiving the threshold advising and support services necessary to be successful during training and career initiation.
- Partner with Foundation Office to utilize grant activities to spawn new grant and revenue resources.
- May drive college-owned vehicles. Valid driver's license required.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- Application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.