RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, June 24, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Desire for incumbent to have a minimum of three years’ experience in counseling; preferably at the college-university level. Experience working with low-income, diverse, and/or first-generation students. Experience in student advising, developing programming for college preparation, and other activities designed to help retain underrepresented populations. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite; knowledge of Datatel student information system and Aviso. Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Broad knowledge of community college academics and new tools, strategies for student enrichment and success. Strong effective presentation and communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate qualities of leadership and team building and have excellent organizational skills.
Same as minimum.
- Oversee the day-to-day responsibilities of the project to include implementation and management of the goals and activities.
- Provide oversight and management of procurement activities and budget.
- Supervise STEM Success Coaches in conjunction with appropriate institutional officials.
- Provide presentations when needed on the implementation, development, and progression of grant activities.
- Assist the Project Director in the preparation of all required reports to sponsor and campus administration relative to campus activities and progress and ensure compliance with DOE policies, regulations, and grant terms.
- Effectively maintain electronic and hardcopy files.
- Coordinate grant-related meetings with all relevant stakeholders when necessary.
- Assist with student activities to promote student success and leadership, including, but not limited to, organizing support groups, implementing targeted tutoring sessions, and securing outreach programming to enhance student achievement.
- Develop and conduct workshops for students regarding soft skills, life skills, self-care, and academic success.
- Work with faculty to identify elements of courses/programs that may need evaluation.
- Coordinate with the Learning Center staff to hire tutors for the project.
- Assist evaluator in data collection activities.
- Assist Marking and Communications Director in developing project marketing materials.
- Represent RCC and disseminate project information at local, state, and regional conferences.
- Interprets the mission, educational philosophy, and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Maintains the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Represents the College professionally and handle all matters in a confidential manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources - email@example.com
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359