Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, December 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field
- Valid Contractor’s License; If licensed outside the state of NC, must be able to obtain valid NC Contractor's License by April 1, 2022.
- Knowledge/Experience within construction industry
- Valid NC Drivers license or if licensed outside the state of NC, must obtain NC drivers' license within 2 weeks of employment.
- Experience working with underemployed, unemployed, or otherwise dislocated workers
- Teaching experience in higher education and/or workforce development areas
- Experience with grant management especially Department of Labor based initiatives
Project UP is grant-funded program in which Haywood Community College will partner with the Haywood County Detention Center, the local workforce board, and; construction, plumbing and HVAC businesses in the county to implement a training program to target local workforce needs within the construction industry. The Project UP Coordinator will be a leader for this new initiative.
** This position is open only until filled. All interested candidates should apply immediately in order to insure consideration. Anticipated start date is 1/4/2022. **
- Hire and supervise program personnel.
- Manage project budget based on HCC and DOL budget management and purchasing guidelines.
- Assist with project data collection and with archiving of project data.
- Develop strategies to sustain grant efforts past end of grant funding.
- Work with industry representatives to facilitate partnerships and student internship placements that meet the employer’s needs.
- Work closely with instructional designers/media personnel/faculty in the development of course content and engagement of course content experts for the development of courses.
- Attends group meetings to provide information on services, requirements and procedures.
- Lead by teaching (shall have a reduced teaching load).
- Foster and maintain a nurturing learning environment and a program workplace emphasizing institutional core values
- Cultivate faculty and staff professionalism, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Utilize all appropriate means at his or her disposal to provide the faculty and staff of the program with opportunities for continuing personal and professional development.
- Activity recruit students for program offerings.
- Provide academic, retention, and success coaching for students in the program.
- Evaluate instruction and develop strategies for improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promote project to HCC community partners and stakeholders.
- Strengthen partnerships with local industry in conjunction with Continuing Education and Work Force Development personnel at HCC.
- Partner with HCC departments recommend new grant and revenue resources for program.
- Operation of college-owned vehicles.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.