Closes: Monday, January 4, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in counseling, education, behavioral sciences, or a related field required.
- Three years’ experience designing and implementing programs for disadvantaged students required.
- Successful experience leading and managing team members and evaluating program outcomes required.
- Experience managing budgets and staff, tracking data, reporting systems and retention strategies required.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Knowledge of federal compliance regulations, as related to grants, required.
- Knowledge of financial aid procedures and policies required.
- Must be student-centered and customer service focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Open until filled - Review of applications will begin 11/27/2020
Under the supervision of the Director of Student Success and Retention, the Project Coordinator will provide administrative leadership including planning, supervision, and coordination of the TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) project at Gaston College (GC). The Coordinator will be required to maintain good interpersonal relationships, work as a team member, take initiative, advise students, meet project objectives, and fulfill federal reporting requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Director of Student Success and Retention, plan, train, supervise, and evaluate TRiO SSS project staff.
- Coordinate student recruitment, enrollment, meet grant objectives, and monitor procedures for the TRiO program.
- Prepare budgets, reports, news releases, and TRiO SSS newsletter.
- Work with and provide information to Program Specialist with the Department of Education.
- Act as liaison with GC faculty and staff, transfer institutions, and community agencies.
- Represent the project College-wide and in the community.
- Coordinate project activities with related College services.
- Develop and coordinate retention programs for TRiO students.
- Under the direction of the Director of Student Success and Retention, develop a cohesive persistence and retention plan; assess and evaluate TRiO retention strategies for effectiveness.
- Work with faculty to support them in efforts to include retention strategies in their instructional delivery methods.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student affairs and administrative responsibilities as appropriate.
- Participate in professional development and College activities such as Late Registration, Graduation, and Open House as needed.
- Provide related data, reports, and information to internal departments and others when requested.
- Perform TRiO Advisor duties as needed.
- Anticipate, prevent, and resolve problems and conflicts under area of supervision.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact