Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of project management experience required.
- Familiarity with project management software tools required .
- Familiarity with agile methodology required.
- Strategic, operational, and technical thinking abilities.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to the environment and priorities.
- Ability to prioritize competing goals.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Project management experience preferably in a creative media development-related agency or the biopharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Software skills such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite products preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- SCRUM Certification preferred.
- Quality assurance software testing experience preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 9/30/21
This position reports to the Sr. Director of the BioNetwork Learning Solutions Center to provide project management expertise in creating and updating media development projects related to video production, web development, eLearning applications, and marketing-related products. Products will be developed based on the priorities of NC community colleges in support of the life science industry. The Project Manager will also be responsible for budget management and procurement duties related to project needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage project development from initiation to closure.
- Be accountable for project results along with the project sponsor.
- Initiate dialogue and seek clarity when ambiguity exists.
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charter by outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timeline.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate the effort required for each task.
- Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Act as a mediator between team members and stakeholders.
- Resolve any issues and problem-solve throughout the project life cycle.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with the project change request form.
- Determine if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete the project plan. If required, recruit and manage appropriate staffing resources.
- Trace and report project milestones and provide status reports to the sponsor.
- Lead, coach, and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
- Develop and disseminate web-based products/training modules based on the priorities of NC community colleges.
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution.
- Be willing to recommend canceling projects and re-prioritizing resources.
- Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
- Develop action plans, timetables, benchmarks, and quantitative targets for projects.
- Interact with subject matter experts in planning and scoping requirements.
- Participate in the complete product development life cycle.
- Organize projects under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Work with vendors to support the overall project, i.e contracts, timesheets, scheduling logistics, etc.
- Establish standards and procedures to track and measure project progression and quality.
- Ensure the completed products are delivered effectively on all rollout platforms.
- Evaluate the development team; identifying strengths, problem areas, and making recommendations for improved performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact