Closes: Monday, September 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Business, a STEM discipline or a closely related field and two years of related work experience
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in project management or program coordination
- Previous experience with managing grants, project reporting and budget oversight
- Previous experience working with collaborating with K-12, higher education and industry partners
Project Team Manager position will be located on the Central Campus. This is a grant funded position until June 30, 2021.
The North Carolina STEM Alliance (NCSA), under the leadership of Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC), is a community college alliance consisting of CPCC, Forsyth Technical Community College (FTCC) and Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC). The alliance will implement a variety of activities that could potentially increase the participation of underrepresented minorities and veterans in STEM disciplines and ensure that all populations have the opportunity to succeed in STEM careers thereby increase the nation's competitiveness.
The Project Manager exists to manage, plan and coordinate activities of the North Carolina STEM Alliance to ensure that goals, objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing day-to-day operations; supervision of NCSA staff; maintaining ongoing dialogs and interactions with NCSA partner institutions; coordination of NCSA activities; budget management; regular interaction with College student support services staff; coordination of marketing and outreach efforts.
Manages, plans and coordinates activities of project(s) to ensure that goals, objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
2. Manages day-to-day operations of project.
3. Leads cross-college project implementation team in meeting project outcomes and deliverables.
4. Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
5. Oversees external partners associated with project, including sub-contractors.
6. Confers with project staff tooutline work plan and to assign duties and responsibilities.
7. Effectively communicates project-related information.
8. Manages project budget and ensuresexpenditures are appropriate and incompliance with audit
9. Develops and implements marketing plan for project.
10. Assists with recruitment of project participants.
11. Coordinates STEM-based research activities for project participants.
12. Monitors progress towards project goals, objectives, outcomes, and deliverables
13. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
14. Prepares project reports for funding agency and College leadership.
15. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Knowledge of administration in institutions of higher education and funding agencies
- Understanding of grant administration and compliance methods and practices
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations related to grants
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Persuasive abilities to influence cooperation and compliance with work methodologies without direct supervisory authority
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret varied information and data, statistical or narrative form business computer applications skills, including word processing and spreadsheets
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, marketing, budgeting, negotiation, strategic and business planning, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and apply flexibility, resourcefulness, and creative approaches to unique problemswith an understanding of the full college-wide context
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact