Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, and planning skills required.
- Experience with FERPA and other confidentiality policies preferred.
- Experience with database/spreadsheet software and documenting services required.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 15 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, and bending required.
- Position may sometimes require evening, and/or weekend hours.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Provide tutoring services for the Upward Bound Program as part of the partnership between Gaston College and Gaston County Schools (GCS) to achieve established goals and objectives while adhering to Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) guidelines. Services will be provided on both an individual and a small group basis covering a variety of subjects including English composition, literature, math (through pre-calculus), laboratory science, foreign language, and computer applications. Tutoring services will be provided at high school locations during the scheduled academic year and at a Gaston College campus during periods outside the scheduled academic year. Position reports directly to the Director, Upward Bound Grant Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide tutoring and academic support services on both an individual and a small group basis covering a variety of subjects including English composition, literature, math (through pre-calculus), laboratory science, foreign language, and computer applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, teachers, parents, and Program staff.
- Develop and maintain detailed and accurate tutoring records and reports.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Participate in Program staff meetings as required.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing Gaston College and the target high school, including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact