- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Psychology or a related field from a regionally accredited university with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hour credits in Psychology
- Post-secondary experience teaching Psychology
- Community college teaching experience
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
The position entails teaching numerous courses, such as General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Applied Psychology, and Developmental Psychology. Course are taught both in a traditional seated classroom as well as in an online environment using Moodle learning managment system, both during the day and in the evening as enrollment dictates. Effective pedagogical skills, experience teaching students of various demographics and diverse backgrounds; good communication and writing skills.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. As such, the College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.