Main Campus, Smithfield, NC 27577
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Master's degree in Accounting, a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or closely related field, with at least 18 graduate hours in accounting alone.
Experience Minimum: One (1) year experience in teaching college level courses or equivalent experience in Accounting.
Experience Preferred: Two (2) or more years teaching college level accounting both seated and online courses or hands-on experience in a CPA firm or business in a variety of accounting functions.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide a comprehensive educational instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; grading papers; and counseling and advising students. Performs related work as required. Teaching may be online, on-campus day classes, and/or on-campus evening classes.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches accounting and business related courses and instructs students using a variety of technology media, including online course software.
- Prepares lesson plans, prepares lectures, writes course overviews and outlines.
- Prepares tests, class projects and case studies; grades papers and projects; averages grades, gives regular feedback to students on their performance and prepares grade reports in a timely manner. Coordinates make-up tests with learning lab.
- Assesses students' and program outcomes.
- Counsels and advises students; conducts learning labs as needed, assists in registration.
- Selects textbooks, videos and Internet exercises; gathers outside project materials.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; responds to annual evaluation report.
- Works on assigned committees, attends school-wide events, attends professional development conferences, earns 40 CPE hours per year to maintain CPA license, attends faculty meetings, and keeps current in accounting and business affairs via various media and events.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
- Ability to compute fractions, percentages and decimals.
- Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
To perform this job successfully an individual should be:
- Proficient in Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems, PowerPoint, Blackboard and online lab environments
- Experience with online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maneuver into classrooms, use computer audio and visual outputs, use computer projectors and smart boards.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office, classroom environment.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact