Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, May 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree in accounting, business administration or closely related field.
Minimum 1 year experience in NC local government accounting.
Some experience in teaching college level courses or equivalent experience in Accounting.
Bachelor's Degree in accounting.
3-5 years' experience in NC local government accounting.
One or more years teaching college teaching experience.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide a comprehensive educational instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; assessing students' work. Performs related work as required. Evening (minimum one night per week) availability required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches NC Local Government Accounting and/or business related courses and instructs students using a variety of media.
- Prepares lesson plans, prepares lectures, writes course overviews and outlines.
- Prepares class projects and case studies for classroom instruction.
- Assesses students' work and provides constructive feedback.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy.
- Adheres to all Continuing Education policies and procedures.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
- Ability to compute fractions, percents and decimals.
Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in a Windows and Microsoft Office environment and have knowledge of email systems, Power Point and Blackboard.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact