Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Friday, July 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Experience Minimum: One to three years related experience.
Welcomes, greets and directs on-site visitors and students; provides office support and other various administrative office duties as assigned. This is a part-time position.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Welcomes on-site visitors and students.
- Serves as the assistant to the appropriate department faculty and staff.
- Using appropriate software, develops, transcribes, assembles and disseminates information.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Provides information and answers questions on programs/courses/curriculum and continuing education, requirements, and registration.
- Orients students on requirement documents for appropriate programs.
- Maintains office supplies, inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; and utilizing appropriate forms for order submission to the FT Administrative Assistant.
- Verifies receipt of supplies upon delivery.
- Maintains appropriate departmental receipts and submits to the FT Administrative Assistant in a timely manner.
- Maintains a complex filing system.
- Edits, proofs and compiles course documents and reports as directed.
- Processes confidential information.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and personnel requirements; implementing changes as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software (Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact