Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 15, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Art or related subject area. Must be available to teach in-person on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Master’s degree in art or related subject area. Prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level. Experience teaching to dual enrollment or early college students. Familiarity with Moodle or other learning management systems.
Teach in-person sections of ART 111 courses during the fall 2022 semester. Eligible candidates must be available to teach on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Essential Job Duties
- Generates updated course syllabi at the beginning of the semester that provide students with a list of course requirements, necessary texts/supplies, a summary of course content and subject competencies to be covered, and evaluation methods to be utilized.
- Prepares course materials.
- Use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintains records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, and other instructional materials.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in class as prescribed by the College procedure and discussing results of survey with his/her supervisor.
- Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and researching discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Supports and encourages college sponsored activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.