Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr., Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, May 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in art or related subject area. Must be available to teach Tuesday and Thursday mornings fall semester 2019.
Master's degree in art or related subject area. Prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level. Experience teaching to dual enrollment or early college students. Familiarity with Moodle or other learning management system.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Potential candidates must be available to teach face-to-face ART 111, Art Appreciation, sections on Tuesday and Thursday morning in the fall semester. Primarily instruction and public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty; developing curriculum; maintaining professional competence. Faculty members are responsible to a department/division Dean or Program Manager, sometimes a coordinator. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, and facilitator of learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Maintains updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies, and evaluation.
· Prepares course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
· Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
· Maintains records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
· Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
· Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure and discussing results with department dean.
· Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in the discipline.
· Supports and encourages college-sponsored activities.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- Application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.