Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, September 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate degree
Experience Minimum: One (1) to three (3) years of experience in an administrative work setting.
Experience Preferred: One (1) to three (3) years of experience in an athletic work setting.
The Athletics Operations Coordinator will provide day-to-day oversight of the scheduling of athletics events, practices, travel as well as coordination of recruiting, compliance, and other administrative matters as assigned by the Athletics Director.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Work with coaches to schedule and maintain the athletics calendar and any special events.
- Coordinate all aspects of team travel, including transportation, lodging, and meals.
- Assist the athletics director and coaches with operating and scholarship budgets.
- Assist with the coordination of recruiting visits in compliance with NJCAA.
- Assist with the coordination of practice and game athletic facilities.
- Serve as Game Day Operations Coordinator
- Coordinate, supervise, train, and schedule part-time game management personnel.
- Assist with student-athlete admissions and enrollment.
- Maintain and expand social media platforms, postings, and marketing.
- Ensure and maintain proper collection and documentation of finances and receipts.
- Maintain working knowledge of NJCAA, Johnston Community College, and Athletic Department policies and procedures.
- Organize and execute events and activities as specified by Athletic Director.
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g., administrators, faculty, staff, public agencies, community members, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services, programs, events, and/or activities.
- Manage assigned student success programs and/or departmental responsibilities for the purpose of achieving organizational objectives, and ensuring compliance with NJCAA, Athletics Department, and Johnston Community College.
- Research and present information on a variety of topics related to administrative responsibilities (e.g., financial information, overviews of programs/services, policies, and procedures, etc.) and developing new programs/services for the purpose of providing general information, training others, implementing actions.
- Serve as department liaison and collaborate with academic services, tutoring, and other academic programs to assist in student-athlete academic success.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises part-time game management personnel.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to draft routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Social Media platforms, email platforms, basic digital marketing knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms; and is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact