Main Campus, Smithfield, NC
Closes: Friday, November 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education Preferred: Associate's Degree
Experience Minimum: This job requires no minimum experience
Provide an oral presentation of text for exams and/or assignments for students receiving services with Johnston Community College's Disability Support Services.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Read verbatim the presented material.
- Speak clearly and correctly, read printed test material accurately and without bias in either Spanish and in English.
- Learn and utilize adaptive equipment for test taking.
- Communicate with instructors, students, and the Coordinator of Retention and Disability Services in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist students.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend exam instructions and materials, short correspondence, homework assignments, and assigned reading materials in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to read test questions, directions, and answer choices to the test taker in an unbiased manner.
- Ability to use correct grammar in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to familiarize oneself with technical notations/symbols used with the content matter.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to insure final product is accurate and complete with no omissions or misquotes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact