Workforce Development Center - Clayton, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, May 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Required: Coursework or certifications in BioWork, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial Systems, or related science
Minimum Required: One year experience in a scientific or FDA regulated environment.
Serves as instructor for the training programs associated with the Biotechnology department including BioWork, Advanced Bioprocessing, Aseptic Training and Bioprocess Technology curriculum.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instructs courses in the Biotechnology department.
- Works closely with Customized Training to develop course material and provide training specifically for the Biotech industry in the County
- Assists students and potential students with questions and inquiries about the programs.
- Tutors students who are having difficulty with the material in Biotechnology programs.
- Handles student issues including, make-up tests, retests, attendance issues, etc.
- Maintains lab materials and equipment for inventory purposes
- Prepares lab activities and instructor demonstrations.
- Maintains personal certifications and stays abreast of professional advancements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear and is frequently required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact