On and Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
Closes: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: A Master's degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school.
Experience Minimum: None
Through funding made possible by LSTA funds, this part time temporary librarian will participate in the planning, implementation and expansion of the library's capacity with its off campus locations including the Johnston County Public Schools (where JCC class are offered), the Workforce Development Center, Howell Woods, and the Cleveland Center. By bringing the library's services to these targeted areas the librarian will build relationships hitting target areas of need, and participate with partnering with the public schools to bring the JCC library resources and services to all students
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Connect with external educational and community partners to develop programming to meet their needs and increase usage of the library and its services.
- Serve as a library liaison to all Johnston Community College off-site locations including the Johnston County Public Schools (JCPS).
- Confer with off campus stake holders including JCPS administration, off-site employees, and college faculty on library visits, activities, and requested resources for their locations and classes.
- Develop resources relevant to aid student success at each of the off-site locations.
- Select, manage, and create repositories of library resources, both physical and online, for the off-campus locations.
- Plan, develop, and teach library and information literacy instruction for off campus sites, including both face-to-face and online formats.
- Create marketing materials that promote usage of the library and its resources.
- Assists and compiles data reports for the following: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and Institutional Effectiveness (IE); creates other reports for the Lead Librarian as assigned
- Participate in the creation and implementation of various evaluative assessments for the library services and resources.
- Other duties as assigned including occasional on and off campus days and evening hours.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with library management systems and should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; use hands and fingers; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact