Main Campus, Smithfield, NC
Closes: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and possess creative problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate degree from an accredited institution or appropriate combination of educational and experience.
Experience Minimum: One to three years of experience performing advance clerical work and strong customer service skills in an educational or career center setting.
This position provides administrative support in career services and assistance to the students in the CTE programs for placement in work based learning opportunities and full time career opportunities.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists with the planning, executing and hosting of career center events, workshops, and information sessions
- Provides front desk support, which includes answering phones, taking messages and making students appointments
- Prepares letters, flyers, mailers and other materials to publicize Career Center services, resources, speaker programs and webpage updates.
- Greets and assist students in using career assessment tools, and navigating online resources, to include the career center job posting site.
- Assists with collecting data on student placement.
- Schedules appointments for industry interviews and information sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Familiarity with college systems (Colleague, E-procurement, Time-Clock, etc...) is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact