Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, May 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Education Minimum: Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
Education Preferred: Master of Science Degree in nursing with a focus in Nursing Education or meet the education requirements for Nurse Educators as outlined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Current and/or recent medical-surgical experience in an acute care setting and teaching experience in nursing at the community college or university level.
Experience Minimum: A minimum of two calendar years' prior full-time employment or the equivalent in clinical nursing practice as a Registered Nurse.
The Clinical Nursing Instructor is required to provide safe and efficient instruction of students assigned to patients in a cooperating health service agency and to assume responsibilities related to the total nursing program as delegated by the Director of Nursing Education.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
- Supervising patient learning experiences, which provide opportunities for students to meet course objectives.
- Adhering to policies and requirements of the affiliating health service agencies as stipulated in contractual agreements wit the College.
- Participating in the development of course outlines and overviews.
- Participating in student academic counseling and activities.
- Evaluating student learning.
- Participating in evaluation and revision of curriculum and learning activities.
- Maintaining accurate student records.
- Attending faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Contributing in a professional manner to the relationship between the College and the affiliating health service agencies.
- Providing quality care for patients involved in selected learning experiences within the guidelines of the North Carolina Nursing Practice Act.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The faculty member who has primary responsibility for coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of each major nursing course MUST hold a Master of Science Degree in Nursing and have had a minimum of one academic year of full time teaching experience in a nursing program.
Continuation of employment is contingent upon verification of current North Carolina Registered Nurse License on file with the Director of Nursing Programs
How to Apply
Job Post Contact